Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- Web page not coming up?
- Web page not displaying correctly?
- Does your page work on some computers but not all?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should be using the HTML Checker regularly to avoid losing customers, save time, money, and avoid frustration by knowing what the problem is immediately.
There are many different types of computers and web browsers out there that people are using to surf the Internet. Some of them are very picky how HTML is written on a web page. If the HTML is not just right, then it will be displayed incorrectly or not at all.
Problems caused by bad HTML Code
- Incorrect HTML code can cause display problems that turn away visitors and hurt search engine ranking.
- Browser display problems: Even the simplest errors can cause big problems - particularly in browsers like Netscape and Opera. These browsers follow HTML standards very closely. Although Microsoft's Internet Explorer may ignore a problem like a missing closing TABLE tag, Netscape ignores the entire table and all its contents.
- Screen readers (an assistive technology used by many people with vision problems) are basically simple text browsers. They often have problems with HTML code errors... particularly missing attributes.
- Search engine spiders are also basic text browsers. While an advanced browser like Microsoft's Internet Explorer 6 or Netscape 7 may not care if you forget to close some quotation marks inside a tag, a search engine spider does!
- Coding errors may hide large amounts of your page content from search engines... even though human visitors see the content with no problem. That is, if they can find it.
So why isn't every webmaster scrambling to check if their web site has valid HTML code? It's because they either don't realize their code has problems or they don't know enough about HTML code to correct the problems themselves.
- Perl 5+
- HTML::Parser module
- LWP module
If your web site does not have the above modules installed, you get them for free at http://www.cpan.org
Installation:HTML Checker automatically installs on your web site in seconds
Or, follow the below instructions to install manually.
- Upload htmlcheck.cgi to your cgi-bin folder
- CHMOD htmlcheck.cgi to 755
- Edit htmlcheck.cgi to store files in the correct location for your server
- CHMOD the locations you chose above to 777
We saw all sorts of tools - site protection, sticky windows, streaming
video, audio , etc - too many choices and we thought above gets us off to
a great start ... your site is awesomely overwhelming - like a candy store
to a 5 year old ... where do we begin??? does it ever need to end?
Send us your thoughts
Get this software title and over $8,000 of other eye-catching web software products for only $9